Karen's Senior Project: Obstretics

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Independent Component 1 Plan Approval.!

For my Independent Component, I plan on volunteering at the San Dimas Community Hopsital. I will be volunteering for two hours a week as of right now. Throughout the year I will try to volunteer more.
 
Since it is volunteering I will just record when I volunteer and for how long. I will be able to volunteer for at least 30 hours, if not more.
 
My focus is in the medical field; therefore, working in a hospital environment will give me basic knowledge of what to expect. The more time I get to spend in that environment, it will help me choose if that is what I want to stick with as a possible career choice.
 

2 comments:

  1. Have you talked to Terrin and Marcos at all to make sure you all have your separate focuses?

    This sounds like a plan. Did you say San Dimas was different from your service learning? Are you going for two hours once a week? Just make sure that you log the types of things you do and get a signature and contact info for a supervisor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My only worry is about your hours. This is also your service learning, right? So do you think that you are going to be able to make 90 hours with the IC 1? If not, you'll want to choose something else for your IC 1. If you will get at least 40 hours done by mid-January, this is doable.

    ReplyDelete